Fibroid Specialist in Fishkill, NY
A. Ramsey Abadir, MD, is a leading fibroid specialist at American Fibroid Centers in Fishkill, NY. He earned his medical degree and completed his internship at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, followed by a Diagnostic Radiology residency at Montefiore Hospital and Medical Center. Dr. Abadir received specialty fellowship training in Interventional Radiology at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital. He is board certified by the American Board of Radiology in Diagnostic Radiology with a certificate of added qualification in Vascular and Interventional Radiology.
Dr. Abadir provides women with comprehensive treatment for uterine fibroids at our Fishkill fibroid center. Using the latest technology and diagnostic tests, Dr. Abadir can confirm the presence of fibroids and determine the best treatment plan for your condition. He is highly skilled in performing Uterine Fibroid Embolization, a minimally invasive-image guided procedure used to treat fibroids in a safe and effective manner. Dr. Abadir will work closely with you to ensure that you’re comfortable and confident in the care you receive, from beginning to end. If you have any questions or concerns along the way, he will be happy to address them. Contact our fibroid center in Fishkill, NY to schedule a consultation with Dr. Abadir today.
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
- CAQ, Vascular & Interventional Radiology (VIR)
Columbia Presbyterian Hospital
Montefiore Hospital and Medical Center
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Society of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology
- Radiological Association of North America
- New York State Radiological Society
- Medical Society of Orange County
Awards & Publications
- Abadir, A.R., Humayun, S.S., Costas, C.E., & Gintautas, J., Oxytocin effect on isoflurane induced relaxation of spontaneous activity in isolated human myometrium. Proc. West Pharmacol. Soc. 29:423-424, 1986.
- Costas, C.E., Chaudry, M.R., Gabay, R.E., Gintautas, J., Abadir, A.R., Local anesthetic effects on uterine muscle in vitro. Proc. West Pharmacol. Soc. 29:375-377, 1986.
- Abadir, A.R. & Bakal, C.W. Catheters and Guidewires. In Bakal, CW, Cynamon, Sprayregen (eds.) Principles and Practice of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. Thieme Medical.
- 7/25/2008 Grand Rounds Presentation, Orange Regional Medical Center AAA : Natural History, Diagnosis, & Treatment Options
Dr. Abadir’s Blogs & Videos
Learn more about vascular health, prevention, and care for Peripheral Arterial Disease.