Fibroid Specialist in West Orange, NJ
Christopher Shackles DO, MPH, is a vascular and interventional radiologist practicing at American Fibroid Centers in West Orange, NJ. Dr. Shackles earned his medical degree from the Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine, completed an internship and residency in diagnostic radiology at Stony Brook University Hospital, and a fellowship in vascular and interventional at the University of Pennsylvania. He is certified as a diplomate, American Board of Radiology with a certificate of added qualifications in angiography and interventional radiology.
The author of numerous peer-reviewed publications and abstracts, Dr. Shackles’ primary research interests include critical limb ischemia, complex tibial reconstruction, rendezvous interventions, pulmonary embolism/thrombectomy, and medical education. In addition to his practice, he serves as a clinical instructor at Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Shackles is a well-respected and experienced fibroid specialist at American Fibroid Centers in West Orange. He, along with the other affiliated physicians, works with patients to deliver safe and effective outcomes for their uterine fibroids. When you schedule a consultation with Dr. Shackles, he will evaluate your symptoms, provide an accurate diagnosis, and create a personalized treatment plan to relieve your fibroid pain and discomfort. Dr. Shackles performs all minimally invasive procedures at our outpatient center in West Orange.
- American Board of Radiology (Board Eligible), 2018
- American Board of Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology, 2021
Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Diagnostic Radiology, Stony Brook University Hospital
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine
- National Societies
- American Board of Radiology
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Society of Interventional Radiology, Resident-Fellow-Section (RFS)
- Local Societies
- Philadelphia Angiography and Interventional Radiology Society
- Long Island Radiology Society
Awards & Publications
- Shackles, C., Herman, K. Gallo, V., Rundback, JH. Angiographosome-Directed Revascularization: Extending the angiosome model to targeted, real-time, angiography-guided restoration of target tissue perfusion. Endovascular Today. 2018 May;17(5):52-58.
- Shackles, C., Rundback, JH., Herman, K., David, Y., Barkarma, R. Above and below knee femoropopliteal VIABAHN. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2015 Apr;85(5):859-67
- Shackles, C., Rundback, JH., Herman, K. Case Report: Pulmonary Infarct After Transarterial Chemoembolization J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2013 Dec;24(12):1928-30.
- Shackles C., Clark T; Antegrade and Retrograde Crossing of Chronic Total Occlusions Using the Outback Reentry Device. Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) Seattle, WA. April 1st 2020
- Shackles, C., Saini, N., Gallo,V., Herman,K., Rundback,JH. Toeplasty: A Novel Extension of Endovascular Therapy for Forefoot Arterial Occlusive Disease. Vascular and Interventional Advances (VIVA) Las Vegas, Nevada. Nov 5th, 2019
- Surgical Resident Teacher of the Year, 2015
- Radiology Resident Teacher of the Year, 2017
- Radiology Inaugural Resident of the Quarter, 2017